Sunday 17 December 2017
Text size: A A A
Supporting
those who care

Bringing you Care News Today

Our Sponsors

Care home workers face neglect charges

Four women from Poole will appear in front of magistrates next week following allegations of assaults on elderly people at a care home in the town.

Dorset Police were alerted to the fact that a number of elderly people at Kingland House, in Kingland Road, had been left injured last year.

Following an investigation, four women aged 21, 32, 37 and 40, are due to appear at Bournemouth Magistrates court next Thursday charged with ill-treatment or wilful neglect.

In a statement, Dorset Police and Poole council said: “In August 2010 police in Poole received a report that a number of elderly people had been assaulted at a care home in the town.

“The alleged victims sustained minor injuries. Officers have been liaising with partners, including social services, and four women aged 21, 32, 37 and 40 have been charged with ill treatment or wilful neglect of people within their care. The four women, all from Poole, will appear at Bournemouth Magistrates court on April 14.”

A spokesman for Buckland Care Limited, which runs the home near Poole Park, said the allegations were nearly two years old and the home was now under new management providing a high standard of care.

“We have worked very closely with the Safeguarding Adults Board and the Care QualityCommision to make sure that our residents are looked after in a safe and happy environment,” she said.

“At this point in time the authorities are very satisfied that all steps have been taken to ensure this.”

A spokesman for CQC, the social care regulator, said they will be releasing a report of Kingland House in the next week, following a review.

Source Bournemouthecho