Alistair Burt MP has been appointed Minister of State for Care and Support at Department of Health.
He entered Parliament for the first time in 1983 and is the Conservative MP for north east Bedfordshire.
Alistair was educated at Bury Grammar School, and studied at St John’s College Oxford, where he was president of the university law society.
• Member of Parliament for Bury North 1983 to 1997
• Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Secretary of State for the Environment, for Education and Science and Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster 1985 to 1990
• Parliamentary Under Secretary of State then Minister of State, Department of Social Security 1992 to 1997
• Member of Parliament for north east Bedfordshire 2001 to present
• Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Leader of the Opposition 2002 to 2005
• Shadow Minister for Communities and Local Government 2005 to 2008
• Opposition Assistant Chief Whip 2008 to 2010
• Parliamentary Under Secretary of State Foreign & Commonwealth Office May 2010 to present