Some residents at a Merseyside care home were "unkempt" and "smelly" after not having a single shower in four weeks, a watchdog's report has found.
Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspectors encountered an "overpowering smell of urine" and no hot water in many rooms at Mossley Manor Care Home when they visited earlier this month.
It said the premises were "unsafe" and "poorly maintained".
BBC News were unable to contact the care home's owners for a response.
Inspectors reported having to retreat from some rooms because of the overpowering smell at the home, which closed earlier this month.
They also found people were smoking in the building - where the fire detection units were faulty - and near oxygen cylinders, causing a "considerable fire hazard".
Medicines were not safely managed and staffing levels were insufficient to meet people's needs.
The 43 residents had "no activities to stimulate or encourage people to undertake meaningful activity", according to the report.
Debbie Westhead from CQC said earlier this month: "The extreme risks to residents' safety and welfare gave us no option but to act to protect people living at the home from harm."
On 5 June, Liverpool and Knowsley Magistrates' Court cancelled the registration of Amjad and Amer Latif with immediate effect, meaning they cannot continue to legally provide accommodation and personal care at their premises on North Mossley Hill Road.
At the time, families of residents at the home criticised the decision to close it.
Susan Kelly, whose relative stayed there, said she saw "no problems at all".
The CQC said it was giving "proper consideration" whether to take civil or criminal action against the home's owners.