On 1 April 2015 new regulations will come into force regarding health and social care in England. These regulations form the basis of the Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection regime.
Purpose of the Changes:
• To introduce fundamental standards
• To make regulations more effective and improve enforcement against them
• To be outcome focused
• To reduce the burden on business.
It is an understatement to say that the legislative changes coming into place on 1 April 2015 signify the biggest change to adult health and social care this century. The magnitude of the changes will resonate across both commissioners of services and their chosen providers.
W&P, a leading provider of CQC Compliance Services within Health and Adult Social Care took the decision to track these changes from their earliest stage in order to understand, assimilate and interpret all of the legislative and regulatory requirements arising from the new regulations.
W&P has collated the legislation and government guidance from The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014, The Care Act 2014 and The Criminal Justice and Courts Bill 2014, and incorporated these into their new policies and procedures
W&P’s New Policies and Procedures linked to the Care Act 2014
On 1 February 2015 W&P released new sets of Policies and Procedures for Domiciliary and Residential Care linked to the Care Act 2014, the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 and the Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2014. The policies will assist you in meeting the new Standards and Regulations.
- Training resources for all levels of staff covering Care Act 2014 and New Fundamental Standards
- Care Act 2014 Statement in all relevant policies
- Comprehensive introduction to the Care Act 2014 for strategic management
- Care Act 2014 Impact Statements
- "No Secrets" REVOKED - full guidance on Chapter 14
- Related Policies - to assist those who have local authority or NHS contracts
- Free update service until April 2016 for all new customers
- Policies reviewed quarterly, updates where required and evidenced for CQC
- Perfect for small to medium sized businesses.
- Quick and simple to use.
- Easy to follow manager's notes detailing how to personalise and adapt the policies.
- Updates are emailed directly to you as legislation or guidance requires.
- Available to purchase as a complete set or individually
- No mandatory subscription payment required on purchase.
To find out more about W&P’s new policies and procedures or other CQC Compliance Support Services they offer please call 01305 767104 or visit https://www.wandptraining.co.uk